Dreamcast compatibility question
Julien
2009-01-21 23:55:57 UTC
Hello DC-crowd,

After years of faithful usage, I'm about to let my complete DC set go
(gun, arcade sticks x2, cables, demo disc, etc.) and it's a JAPANESE
DC.

My question is: are JP DC controllers (pad, stick, gun) compatible
with the US version of the console?

I couldn't find a definitive answer to this by google'ing.

Any informed reply appreciated!

Thanks,
Julien
Ted
2009-01-22 19:29:43 UTC
Post by Julien
My question is: are JP DC controllers (pad, stick, gun) compatible
with the US version of the console?
The official J gun does not work with most of the US released gun games,
but this is a software issue, not actually a hardware issue (aka, you
could play JPN gun release gun games on a US DC with the JPN gun).
There's at least one exception where you can play a US gun game with the
J gun, tho I can't bring it to mind at the moment (might be Virtua Cop
on the Smash Pack).