FA: SEGA Dreamcast broadband adapter
DC
2008-10-24 18:35:40 UTC
http://easyurl.net/DreamcastBroadband
BelPowerslave
2008-10-24 21:43:45 UTC
Post by DC
http://easyurl.net/DreamcastBroadband
Hey KKC, better check this one out! ;)

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Cat's out of the bag on that one isn't it? Who puts cats in bags
anyway? Cats hate bags."
- Sheogorath, Oblivion: The Shivering Isles
Kendrick Kerwin Chua
2008-10-25 00:25:26 UTC
Post by BelPowerslave
Post by DC
http://easyurl.net/DreamcastBroadband
Hey KKC, better check this one out! ;)
Thbpth. :) I went through enough pain to get mine, thanks. Even now, I
don't use it nearly as much as I planned to. Like a lot of Sega hardware,
most people ended up using it more as a hacking tool than anything else. I
do still fire up my home PSO server occasionally, but I'd like to get my
RAS-server-on-a-chip project off the ground so that any old modem-enabled
Dreamcast can connect to the thing.

-KKC, who now has a pretty Virtua On clock.
--
-- A class action lawsuit has been settled against | kendrick @
Paypal for $3.5 million. Read the full notification | io . com
are eligible for class membership and payment. | http://www.io.com/~kkc
BelPowerslave
2008-10-25 01:29:24 UTC
Post by Kendrick Kerwin Chua
Thbpth. :) I went through enough pain to get mine, thanks.
Yeah, it was just sort of a friendly jab about the issues you had with
the first one you bought. ;)
Post by Kendrick Kerwin Chua
Even now, I
don't use it nearly as much as I planned to.
I wouldn't mind having one, I think I'd actually use it still...but I
never can find one at an affordable price. :(
Post by Kendrick Kerwin Chua
Like a lot of Sega hardware,
most people ended up using it more as a hacking tool than anything else. I
do still fire up my home PSO server occasionally, but I'd like to get my
RAS-server-on-a-chip project off the ground so that any old modem-enabled
Dreamcast can connect to the thing.
PSO would be nice, but with the various PC PSOs available for free, on
hacked servers, I think I'd much rather play those(especially BB, as I
haven't tried it at all). For other stuff though, like Unreal
Tournament, fuck I'd *love* it! UT on the DC has all these exclusive
maps...I mean, *REALLY* good maps too. Man, I wish I had the know how to
recreate those maps for the PC/Mac versions of UT...or knew someone I
could pay to have them do it!

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"There's only one man who can help me!"
- Marty McFly, Back to the Future, Part II