Dreamcast + iMac = sweet
Ted
2009-02-28 20:48:55 UTC
It's very reminiscent of the Divers Dreamcast

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/28/apple-imac-murdered-reborn-as-all-in-one-dreamcast-mod/

http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/Consoles.htm#Divers2KCX1
BelPowerslave
2009-03-01 00:08:32 UTC
Post by Ted
It's very reminiscent of the Divers Dreamcast
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/28/apple-imac-murdered-reborn-as-all-in-one-dreamcast-mod/
http://www.shinforce.com/dreamcast/Consoles.htm#Divers2KCX1
Wild stuff...and a pretty good solution for a portable DC!

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Some motherfuckers are always tryin' to ice skate uphill."
- Blade
Ted
You haven't picked up a CRT imac lately...
BelPowerslave
2009-03-02 22:59:51 UTC
Post by Ted
Post by BelPowerslave
Wild stuff...and a pretty good solution for a portable DC!
You haven't picked up a CRT imac lately...
Oh, I remember...had to lug mine around for years. ;) Other than the
weight, the whole all-in-one solution this thing provides is still
pretty nice for a portable DC. Just need a controller and a power cord...

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Yes dudes and dudettes, major league buttkicking is back in town!."
- Michelangelo, TMNT
T. Rivet
2009-03-05 00:24:32 UTC
Post by BelPowerslave
Post by Ted
Post by BelPowerslave
Wild stuff...and a pretty good solution for a portable DC!
You haven't picked up a CRT imac lately...
Oh, I remember...had to lug mine around for years. ;) Other than the
weight, the whole all-in-one solution this thing provides is still
pretty nice for a portable DC. Just need a controller and a power cord...
Bel
Reading through his site, he switched out the CRT for an LCD...cuts down
the weight condiderably.

He has it on eBay right now as well. Tempted to bid on it....

Tim
b***@gmail.com
2009-03-19 16:33:57 UTC
Post by T. Rivet
Post by Ted
Post by BelPowerslave
Wild stuff...and a pretty good solution for a portable DC!
You haven't picked up a CRT imac lately...
Oh, I remember...had to lug mine around for years. ;)  Other than the
weight, the whole all-in-one solution this thing provides is still
pretty nice for a portable DC. Just need a controller and a power cord...
Bel
Reading through his site, he switched out the CRT for an LCD...cuts down
the weight condiderably.
He has it on eBay right now as well. Tempted to bid on it....
Tim
Sold for just $217.50, too, I see. The $60 shipping on top hurts, but
still not a bad price really. It just makes me regret giving away my
Indigo G3 since I love the Dreamcast as Vectrex look. The only thing
that stopped me from bidding is my history of faulty Dreamcasts makes
me wary of relying on it in an integrated setup such as that.

Benjamin
BelPowerslave
2009-03-19 20:55:57 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Sold for just $217.50, too, I see. The $60 shipping on top hurts, but
still not a bad price really. It just makes me regret giving away my
Indigo G3 since I love the Dreamcast as Vectrex look. The only thing
that stopped me from bidding is my history of faulty Dreamcasts makes
me wary of relying on it in an integrated setup such as that.
Well, and I haven't read much in to what goes into making a DC fit in an
iMac shell, the old school iMacs are *dirt* cheap...have been for a
while now. I see them constantly for around $50 and less...might just be
cheaper to buy one locally(even if it's dead), clean it out and then put
the DC inside it yourself.

Once you get the bottom off the iMac, it's not too terribly tough to
work inside there...I can imagine it being even easier once it's been
hollowed out.

Granted, we're talking about a lot of work...but it'd save you $300 and
then you could always sell it down the line.

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"We aim to try."
- Deputy Clementine Johnson, Reno 911
verb
2009-03-10 04:49:38 UTC
Post by BelPowerslave
Post by Ted
You haven't picked up a CRT imac lately...
Oh, I remember...had to lug mine around for years. ;) Other than the
weight, the whole all-in-one solution this thing provides is still pretty
nice for a portable DC. Just need a controller and a power cord...
Do you still have it? Maybe you should perform a Sega-ectomy on it! install
a Gene + SegaCD + 32X into it and make it your own personal Sega (insert
planet here - I wanted to use Uranus - I wish they had used it for a code
name)!
BelPowerslave
2009-03-10 15:24:01 UTC
Post by verb
Do you still have it?
Naw, sold it off years ago.
Post by verb
Maybe you should perform a Sega-ectomy on it! install
a Gene + SegaCD + 32X into it and make it your own personal Sega (insert
planet here - I wanted to use Uranus - I wish they had used it for a code
name)!
I've always liked "Neo Genesis", but apparently that clashes with some
anime...

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/