Dreamcast is 9 years old today
Scaler
2007-11-27 12:15:16 UTC
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.

Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.

sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.

Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
Scott H
2007-11-27 15:55:24 UTC
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
We should celebrate by going on e-bay and jacking up the prices of
everything Dreamcast related!
wadner
Wouldn't life be grand if Dremcast Deuce was 2 years old today????
The alMIGHTY N
2007-11-27 16:48:59 UTC
Post by wadner
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
Wouldn't life be grand if Dremcast Deuce was 2 years old today????
I was sad to see the system go. It was easily one of my favorite
systems with some great games and a very unique design (a precursor in
ways to the Xbox controller).

Soul Calibur never looked so good LOL and Resident Evil CV was
awesome...
Scott H
2007-11-27 17:32:30 UTC
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Post by wadner
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
Wouldn't life be grand if Dremcast Deuce was 2 years old today????
I was sad to see the system go. It was easily one of my favorite
systems with some great games and a very unique design (a precursor in
ways to the Xbox controller).
Soul Calibur never looked so good LOL and Resident Evil CV was
awesome...
I especially wish that people's imaginations weren't so short-sighted
that Shenmue 1+2 failed to do what they were intended for. A genre of
genuine city simulators (with actual people doing actual things) that
nevertheless contains a narrative and interesting characters, combat
controls, RPG elements, etc, is something that gaming today sorely
lacks. Zelda 64's engine spawned a genre, Shenmue's should have also.

-
Scott
Zomoniac
2007-11-28 08:49:24 UTC
Post by Scott H
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Post by wadner
Post by Scaler
[...]
I was watching IGN's video review of Assassin's Creed last week and the
guy said that GTA3 invented the whole living 3D city. That pissed me
off, and it seems to be general consensus as well. It's like Shenmue
never existed.
Zo
Scott H
2007-11-29 03:12:49 UTC
Post by Zomoniac
Post by Scott H
I especially wish that people's imaginations weren't so short-sighted
that Shenmue 1+2 failed to do what they were intended for. A genre of
genuine city simulators (with actual people doing actual things) that
nevertheless contains a narrative and interesting characters, combat
controls, RPG elements, etc, is something that gaming today sorely
lacks. Zelda 64's engine spawned a genre, Shenmue's should have also.
I was watching IGN's video review of Assassin's Creed last week and the
guy said that GTA3 invented the whole living 3D city. That pissed me
off, and it seems to be general consensus as well. It's like Shenmue
never existed.
Most people will apparently consider a game irrelevant if it fails
to sell, their friends didn't like it, or it just didn't smack them on
the forehead correctly. That includes journalists, if it isn't caused
by them.

-
Scott
d***@gmail.com
2007-11-28 00:05:23 UTC
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Post by wadner
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
Wouldn't life be grand if Dremcast Deuce was 2 years old today????
I was sad to see the system go. It was easily one of my favorite
systems with some great games and a very unique design (a precursor in
ways to the Xbox controller).
Soul Calibur never looked so good LOL and Resident Evil CV was
awesome...
YES!

I was playing Virtua Fighter 5 on Xbox 360 and thinking to myself how
the graphics are only slightly better than Dead or Alive (4?) on DC.

Too bad it never took off...
Greg Goodwin
2007-12-20 19:01:19 UTC
FamilyNet International Newsgate
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
So you think that will be the last .. last official release?

Doc Clu

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org
2008-08-16 00:47:33 UTC
Post by Scaler
Sega Dreamcast has reached its 9th birthday.
Dreamcast was released in Japan 9 years ago today, on November 27,
1998.
sure doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Dreamcast had a fairly long low-level life too, with last official
game released as recently as earlier this year.
I know this might be old, but my isp has just decided to only carry certain
newsgroups, and this newsgroup is the only one that has any relation to
dreamcast. it's rec.games.video.sega
and i am wondering if anyone knows any of the "big-8" newsgroups that
carries binaries of dreamcast games so I can download them.

Thanks for any help.